For the people who are looking to extend their wireless connection then, Talktalk Powerline Adapter is for you. Using Powerline adapter you can extend your Internet connection to the place where there is no signal.
Talktalk powerline adapter helps you when you are working from your home and suddenly your internet connection drops.
It occurs mostly when you are living in a room with a hard wall or thick surrounding.
If you want to fix this broadband speed problem for free, always use ethernet cable or work from the same room where your router is available.
Another thing you can use is ethernet cable all around your home and connect your system through ethernet cables.
These are all messy solutions and do not work for a long time. For temporary work or if you are working for a limited time period then it is ok otherwise it is not practical as no one wants to sit and work for hours on the same chair.
The elegant way to solve your internet connection is to place a talktalk powerline adapter near your working area.
It only uses the wiring that is already built into your house, so you don’t require additional wiring or supports to use this product.
What is Talktalk Powerline Adapter?
As we already discussed above anything that enhances or extends your wireless internet connection is termed as Powerline Adapter.
Most people still use cable wires to extend the connectivity in their home. But in 2021, the technology will become very advanced. Now you don’t require a bunch of cable connections to use wifi in your entire home.
Using Powerline adapter, you won’t require to install any additional wiring in your home. In fact, it uses your inbuilt wiring connection to transmit Internet connection from one end to another.
The talktalk powerline kit comes with the combination of two adapters. The adapter that connects directly to your router is known as the Transmitter powerline adapter and another one which is the place where you need the internet connection is known as Receiver adapter.
How to Setup Talktalk Powerline Adapter at Home?
The setup process is quite easy and require only to follow the below steps correctly:
- Unpack the Talktalk powerline adapter box.
- Take out both the adapter from the box and attach the transmitter to your router using ethernet cable.
- Next, Plug the transmitter directly to the electrical socket.
- Now wait for a few seconds till you see a green stable light.
- This is how you connect your transmitter adapter to the router.
Before placing the receiver to the other end of your home, you have to first pair it with the transmitter adapter. Now you have to follow the steps to install the receiver adapter.
- Plug both of the adapters to the power socket and turn it on.
- Your receiver adapter will automatically pair with your router after 5 seconds.
- Once the pairing is done now you can move your receiver to any location of your home.
When both the adapters are connected with each other, you will see a green light. If the situation occurs where the adapter is not paired automatically then, you have to hold a pair button for 3 seconds and after that it will pair automatically.
Once the process is complete you will see a light blinking next to the wifi option. And after 6 seconds, the light turns to solid green.
Now you can move your receiver to the place where you need to improve the connectivity.
Talktalk Powerline Adapter Lights Explained
There are many important things you have to understand in Talktalk powerline adapter lights. You must be very careful and understand quickly what your router indicates using lights.
You don’t worry below I will give you an overview about how lights work and what it indicates.
In your adapter there are four main components like Main power, Wifi, Powerline and Ethernet options.
The lights next to the main power option indicates three status; on, off and blinking.
When there is a solid light, it indicates that your adapter is ready to connect.
Blinking of light means your adapter is setting up and it will take around 2-3 seconds.
If there is no light showing in the main power means, the adapter is turned off.
It shows only two states whether the wifi is connected or not. If there is a stable light on the wifi option means your device is connected to wifi and if there is no light it indicates no device is connected to wifi.
It is important to check before connecting to another adapter. If the distance between your transmitter and receiver is more then, the light will be off.
The light showing next to the ethernet option is always blinking when the ethernet cable is connected to the router and data is transmitting from one end to another.
If there is no light showing in the ethernet option, it reflects there is no ethernet cable connected to the device or no internet connection available.
Steps To Fix Powerline Adapter?
Every single person wants to get a high internet speed with his premises. Now everything is based on IOT (Internet Of Things) and require internet connection.
If you have done the installation process correctly and still having problems then we have soem steps to fix talktalk powerline adapter.
Below steps can be used to reset your adapter or if you are having low internet connection at anytime.
First we will start to check the same installation setup.
- Plug your both adapters together in the power socket or into a main electrical sockets.
- If you have connected through extension, check the extension or replace it with a new extension.
- Avoid plugging your adapters near the electrical appliance which emits traditions like microwave, fridge etc.
Restart your Adpaters
- Restarting a device helps to solve the problems in many ways. Turn off your both adapters for about a minute, then turn it on again.
- Check whether they sync automatically or not.
- If not try to do it manually, press the pair button and hold for 3 seconds.
Reset to Factory Setting
- You will see a small hole button in your adapter, it is used to reset your adapters. Use a safety pin or sim ejecting tools and press the button for at least 10 seconds on both the adapters.
- Make sure you have reset the adapter while it is connected to the power socket.
- Then follow the same setup process to sync it again.
Top 3 Best Selling Talk Talk Powerline Adapter 2021
I have listed some of the best selling powerline adapter in 2021. It covers maximum range and don’t require any other configuration to do the installation.
Superfast adapter and can transmit a speed of 1200 Mbps at a time. Which can handle all your device within your premises.
All of these products are fetch from amazon store and have a good public reviews.
Talktalk Powerline Adapter
- Broadband/WiFi Extender
- Range Extender
- WiFi Booster/Hotspot
- No Configuration Required
- Super-fast powerline Speed
- Up to 1200 Mbps WiFi speed
- Range Extender
- Extra Power Socket
- Works with OneMesh
- No Configuration Required
- Up to 300 meters
- Using existing electrical wiring
- Gigabit Ethernet
- No Configuration Required
- UK Plug(TL-WPA7517 KIT)
All the products listed in this post are from Amazon store. we earn a small fees by advertising and linking to Amazon products. However, the product price remains the same for you.