Are you unable to change upi pin in phonepe? Many people reported that they could not change their 4 or 6-digit upi pin in phonepe.
UPI (The full form of UPI is Unified Payment Interface) is mainly used to perform cashless transactions via digital payment platforms.
You can perform fund transfers and add money to your phonepe wallet through Unified Payment Interface.
All you need is an active bank account and registered mobile number along with a debit card or credit card to set, reset or change upi pin in phonepe 2022.
Let’s get started.
How to Set Upi Pin in Phonepe
For the people using phonepe for the first time, you must create an account with phonepe to use its features.
Phonepe is one of the most used digital payment platforms across the country. It is a subsidiary of Flipkart’s e-commerce website and has billions of customers.
In this post, we have shared our complete knowledge on how you can create a phonepe account.
To do the transactions through a phonepe application, you must add a bank account and create its UPI pin.
We have already published a post on adding a bank account to the phone pay application. You can refer to the post and follow the below steps:
- First of all, you have to open the phonepe,
- On the home screen, click on my money page.
- Here you will see all your bank accounts linked with your mobile number.
- Choose your bank account with which you want to create a UPI pin.
- Click on create UPI pin.
- Now you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Next, enter the OTP and six-digit or four-digit UPI pin you want to set for your bank account.
- At last, click on the submit button.
How to Change Upi Pin in Phonepe
You have lost your mobile number or forgot your UPI pin, so you want to change the UPI pin in the phone by application.
The pin of your bank account is the most secure and is only used to perform a transaction in Bhim UPI’s best application.
Most banks allow you to create a four-digit or six-digit UPI pin for the digital payment platform.
You need to follow the below steps:
6 Digit Upi Pin in Phonepe
Six digits pins are more secure, and as per research, an anonymous person needs millions of combinations to crack your pin. Later, there is only a four-digit pin which is easy to remember and doesn’t require OTP to transfer money from one bank account to another.
- Step 1: Open your Phonpe Application, and ensure your device is connected to a working internet connection.
- Step 2: If you are using an old version, you must click on my money section. Otherwise, click on the profile icon or hamburger sign (Represented by three dots).
- Step 3: Select the Bank account option. Here you can see all your bank accounts linked to your phonepe account.
- Step 4: Select the Bank account for which you want to change your upi pin (Mostly, Kotak Bank, State Bank, and Union Bank have six-digit PINs)
- Step 5: You will see two options: Set Upi pin and Reset Upi pin. Set upi pin is used when creating an upi pin for the first time. If you want to change your pin, you must select the Reset option.
- Step 6: A new popup will appear; you need to enter your last 6-digit debit card number and card expiry date.
- Step 7: On clicking the continue button, phonepe will send an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Step 8: Enter the OTP, set a new six-digit number, and tap on the confirm button.
4 Digit Upi Pin in Phonepe
Changing the four-digit upi pin in the phone is quite similar to that of the 6 digit pin. Customers don’t have permission to choose from either a 4-digit or 6-digit number.
Your bank follows some RBI guidelines and allows you to create 4-digit or 6-digit pins. If your bank consists of a 6-digit pin, you must follow the above method; otherwise, follow below.
- Step 1: Steps 1 to 3 are the same for both pin types.
- Step 2: Here, you must select the bank account having 4 digit upi pin.
- Step 3: A window will appear; now, you have to choose the reset upi pin option.
- Step 4: An Otp will be sent to your mobile number consisting of a 6-digit number.
- Step 5: Enter the OTP, type any 4-digit number you want to set as a new UPI pin and click on continue.
Unable to Set Upi Pin in Phonepe
Suppose you’re still facing a problem with performing the steps. We have also shared a short video below to show you how to change yourself.
Refer to the video and perform the same steps carefully. Contact a phonepe customer care executive or comment below if you need further assistance.
Can We Change Upi Pin in Phonepe Without Debit Card?
It is difficult to reset your phonepe pin without using a debit card as a debit card is the only option to verify our bank account details.
Can We Create New Upi Pin in Phonepe
Yes, you can set up a new upi pin for all your bank accounts.